Some useful resources to explore further include:
- Advancing Supervision Mind Map. A tool for supervisors and candidates to gain a better understanding of what supervision is and the types of processes that it can involve. Explore the tool to clarify what it means to supervise in your context.
- Artistic Doctorates in Europe has several resources for supervisors and students. An excellent one is Reconsidering Research and Supervision as Creative Embodied Practice.
- TEXT special issue Supervising the Creative Arts Research Higher Degree:
Towards Best Practice, edited by Donna Lee Brien and Rosemary Williamson (2009). A collection of articles on supervision practices in artistic research PhDs.
- The Research Supervisors Bibliography. Compiled by Stan Taylor, it includes a section on practice-led Doctorates with a list of publications on doctoral supervision in artistic fields (see pages 47–52).
- Supervising Practice: Perspectives on the supervision of creative practice higher degrees by research, by Julian Hamilton and Sue Carson (2015). A special issue on supervising artistic doctorates in the Australian context.
- Supervisory Practice for Postgraduate Research in Art, Architecture and Design, edited by Brent Allpress et al (2012). This resource is specific for art and architecture, design, and creative writing.
General supervision guides include:
- A Handbook for Supervisors, by Stan Taylor, Margaret Kiley and Robin Humphrey (2018) Routledge.
- Successful Research Supervision, by Anne Lee (2012) Routledge.